What’s in this article
Learn how to add a Way to Earn in your Loyalty Widget to collect User-Generated Content!
You can use custom fields to allow your customers to upload images to the Loyalty Widget and reward them for providing User-Generated Content.
For full details on how to complete the setup of the Rewards Widget, click here.
The Rewards Widget goes on your website and allows for various methods for customers to earn Rewards Points.
We will now review how to create a custom image field to use within the WTE: Collect Customer Data
First, let’s start with creating a new field.
- Navigate to the ‘Account Settings’ and then the ‘Fields’ section.
- Once the fields page opens, click on the the (+) button in the lower right to ‘Create a New Field’
- It will ask you to Name the field. The ‘Field Key’ will populate automatically. Then you will need to select the ‘Field Type’ to be an image.
*Under the 'Advanced Options', make sure to enable the checkbox:
‘Allow multiple values to be stored in this field’
- When completed, Save & Close.
Now that the field has been created, we need to configure the Way to Earn to include this in your Rewards Widget.
Now, let’s open up the Loyalty Widget by selecting the ‘Loyalty Cash’ module and scroll down to the ‘Ways to Earn’ section.
In the Ways to Earn section, click on the (+) symbol to create a new Way to Earn.
Select the Category ‘Collect Customer Data’
To configure the WTE properly you need to complete these details:
- Ways To Earn Title (Customer facing title on widget)
- The number of Points Awarded for completing this action
- Icon - Can choose ‘Camera’ or any other icon that makes sense
- Button Text - By default will say ‘Submit’ but you can change this if needed
- Then add a Description that will show after the user clicks the main button
- Redemption Button Text - By default will say ‘Submit’ you can change this to ‘Upload’ of copy that makes sense for your business
For Form Options, choose ‘Contact Field’
Once you select ‘Contact Field’ a new window will open.
This is where you will need to select the custom Contact Field you created earlier.
You will need to leave the ‘Input Type’ as ‘Select Menu’
Now click ‘Save & Close’
Once this option has been Saved and added to your Rewards Widget, the New option should appear both in the List and the Preview
Once the field has been added successfully it will appear within the widget!
When selecting the field, it will accept 1 or more images to be uploaded.
This concludes how to incorporate User-Generated Content into Loyalty Program via the Rewards Widget!