What is TextChat?
The TextChat widget is primarily a customer service tool geared towards Patch Customer Retentions’ main goal: to keep customers coming back. The widget can also be used by store owners to collect customer data and ask for messaging consent.
Note: Changes to configuration settings can take up to 1 hour to populate to your web storefront.
Preview your TextChat widget while you work.
Step 1: Design
Use these settings to get your customers started with their messages.
- Banner Text
- The banner text is located at the top of the widget.
- Message Text
- The message text is located directly below the banner
- Use this message text to communicate to your customers what to do and what to expect next.
- Checkbox for SMS marketing opt-in
- This checkbox is located below the input fields of the widget (name, phone, message)
- Use this checkbox to add or remove a checkbox that allows customers to opt-in to your SMS marketing messages
Use these settings to edit the callout message that appears above the widget’s closed state in your storefront.
- Callout Message
- This is the text that will be displayed in the callout message
- Use this to prompt customers to message your store with any questions they might have about your product or service
- Show Callout Message automatically after
- This is the amount of time to wait before displaying the call-out message
- Use this to time the display of your callout message
- Callout Image
- This image is located to the left of the callout message
- Use this to add a rep’s avatar image, your logo, or anything else you desire
Widget Color Settings
This setting is used to update the color of your widget. Updating this color applies to:
- The widget button in the corner of your storefront’s page
- The banner
- The message text bubble
- The send button
- Use this setting to place the widget on either the left or right bottom corner of your storefront
- When choosing the placement of your TextChat widget keep in mind the placement of your Rewards widget if you have both enabled. You have the option to stack the widget icons on your site or keep them separate. You will need to view this live on your site after the update is made as the preview within each module of your account doesn't show the other widget.
Manage Tags Settings
Use this setting to manage the tags that are added to messages sent in from the TextChat widget. If a tag is added to the tags list in this section an additional field will be added to the bottom of the list of fields titled “Question Type”. When a tag is selected by a customer the conversation will be tagged accordingly and can be used to manage how messages are addressed. Multiple tags may be selected by the customer.
Step 2: Installation
TextChat is added to a web page via the Patch Pixel, which can be manually added to your storefront by copying and pasting the Pixel script tag.