Shopify settings are configured during the onboarding process. However, you can view certain settings that are adjustable.
To open the Shopify settings go into the Account Settings, and select the 'Shopify' option.
- It will default to:
- If you have Shopify Plus, you can select the option for Gift Card
- You can edit the Abandoned Checkout Event settings in this section.
How many hours do you want Patch to wait before considering a cart abandoned? This setting will not automatically trigger any messages to go out.
You will still need to set up an Abandoned Cart Automation for the messages to be sent but this setting will determine when that automation will be run.
The most common and recommended timeframe is 1 hour.
- The Pixel is required for your account to function properly. This Pixel allows Patch to track referrals to Shopify orders using SmartLinks and is used for Loyalty Cash, TextChat, and any Forms on the account.
- If the Pixel is installed properly you should see a green checkmark with the message:
'The pixel code was successfully found when loading https://yourshopifyname.myshopify.com'.
- If you see an orange warning symbol with the message:
'The pixel code was not found at https://yourshopifyname.myshopify.com', then you will need to re-install the code.
Steps to reinstall Pixel:
- Click 'View In Current Theme Editor'
- A new tab will open with your Shopify Theme Editor Settings page
- In the top right-hand corner, you should see a toggle labeled Patch Customer Retention, the toggle should be 'on'. If not, click to toggle 'on'
- Click the Save button
- Close the tab and navigate back to your Patch account
- If needed refresh the page
- Pixel status should now display the success message referenced above
- This is where you will find verification information. Your account is authenticated and verified upon installing the Patch Retention App from the Shopify store.
- This section should NOT be modified unless the status becomes 'unverified'.
- IF this instance occurs you will first need to ensure you are signed in to your Patch account with the same email login as your Shopify Admin login. If these two logins do not match you will not be able to re-authenticate the account. If you need assistance or have questions please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
- Upon clicking 'Authenticate Shopify Account' you will be redirected to Shopify.
- Once this is completed, you can confirm the Authentication when status shows 'Verified' with the green checkmark.
- Status should always say 'This add-on is currently active'. This allows your data from Shopify to continue to feed into your Patch account. Please do not 'Deactivate' the add-on without consulting with a Patch representative, our team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order for this account to receive updates from Shopify in real-time, 'Webhooks' need to be created within Shopify.
- You should see a green checkmark with the message:
'You have ## Webhooks created in Shopify'.
- If you do not see this message or see an error/warning message instead you will need to click 'Recreate All'. If you are still seeing an error/warning message after doing this step please reach out to our team at email@example.com
- Leave the Checkbox selected to include ALL customers
- Use the filter options to prevent contacts from being created in your account based on the customers' data in Shopify. Customers will only be created in your account if they match all rules added to the settings.
Note: Existing contacts will continue to sync, regardless of the filter settings. To prevent existing contacts from syncing, delete these contacts from the Contacts section.
- Think of this as a way to 'exclude' certain groups of customers from syncing into your account. One common use is for businesses that have both traditional customers as well as wholesale clients. This could be used to filter out the Shopify Tag used to label wholesale customers. If you have questions or need additional clarification on how filters work please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Syncing all past order data should have been automatically done when installing the Patch Retention App from the Shopify Store.
- IF for any reason you see that there is missing data from the Contact Profile, Dashboard, or Event Logs you can 're-sync' all past order data by clicking the button here.
You can migrate all of your existing Shopify Orders into your account for actionable analysis. If an Order event already exists in this account with the same Shopify Order ID, the order will instead be updated to match what is in Shopify.
A Contact will be created in your account for every Customer in a Shopify Order that is synced. If a Contact already exists in your account with the same Shopify Customer ID then the existing Contact will be updated instead of creating a new one.
This process will generate order.finished, order.updated, contact.created, and contact.updated, events in your account. These events will run silently and will not trigger any Automations to run. Timestamps for "order.finished" events will be when the orders actually happened. Timestamps for "contact.created" and "contact.updated" events will be the current time.
The sync process can take several hours to complete. Click the button below to initiate a sync. If a sync is already currently running then an error message with the current status will be displayed.
Loyalty points will only be modified if there are any previously synced orders that applied loyalty points. Any order events in your account with skip_loyalty = true will not affect loyalty on sync.
For further assistance with setting up your Shopify Settings or any other features, feel free to contact our Customer Success team via the TextChat widget in the bottom left corner of your Patch account or via email at email@example.com