Customer Activity Last 30 Days Card
The information within the cards of this section can be used to get a heartbeat of your customer's activity for the last 30 days.
The chart includes positive and negative values where the positive values represent customers your business has gained revenue from and negative values represent customers that have potential earnings.
See the Active Customers Card and Inactive Customers Card sections below for more details on how Patch defines each segment of customer activity.
Active Customers Card
The Active Customers Card calculations are a summation of the Customer Activity Last 30 Days card’s chart values of New Customers and Returning Customers.
Total Sales Card
- Total Orders is the total number of orders for the selected date range.
Revenue is the total revenue earned from new customers. This value is calculated by the total amount on the purchase if available. If the order does not have a total amount associated with it then it will fall back to the Average Order Value calculated or set on the account. The Average Order Value can be manually set in your Account Settings > RFM Settings > Required RFM Settings card.
- Number of Conversions is the count of customers who made a purchase within 7 days of communication during the timeframe selected and have not made a purchase within the last 3 hours.
- Revenue from Conversions is the total revenue generated from all conversions during the timeframe selected. This value is calculated by the total amount on the purchase if available. If the purchase does not have a total amount associated with it then it will fall back to the Average Order Value calculated or set on the account. The Average Order Value can be manually set in your Account Settings > RFM Settings > Required RFM Settings card.
Recaptured Customers Card
- Recaptured from Lost is the count of customers who were considered lost at the time of their purchase and the total revenue gained based on the AOV calculated or set on the account.
- Recaptured From At-Risk is the count of customers who were considered at-risk at the time of their purchase and the total revenue gained based on an AOV calculated or set on the account.
Retention / Defection Card
- Retained Customers is the percentage of customers that were retained over the timeframe selected.
(Customers Active At the End of the Period - New Customers)
Retention Rate = ---------------------------------------------------------------------
(Customers Active at the Beginning of the Period OR 1)
- Defection Rate is the percentage of customers who became lost (churned) during the timeframe selected compared to the number of active customers at the beginning of that period. Please note that Retention and Defection will only return values for Last 365 Days and Last Year as these stats are not reliable unless there is at least 1 year worth of data.
Defection Rate = 100 - Retention Rate
The most effective Customer Retention strategies start with understanding your customer database and knowing where your leaks are coming from. Building relationships with customers based on data and customer behavior insights will have the largest effect on your overall ROI. Bringing back Lost and At-Risk Customers will have a greater impact on your business.