How do I get more customers to Opt-in?
This article will provide tips and tricks on how to get more customers to opt-in for texts and emails
The best way to ensure that your business is consistent in the percentage of customers opting-in is to create and enforce a script for your employees to follow. The following tips and tricks are what we have learned from working with thousands of clients asking how to improve their opt-in rates:
Tips & Tricks
- Keep it simple - Keep the invitation very simple! A customer usually decides not to opt-in because you are over-explaining. You only need to touch on one or two of the best reasons why a customer should opt-in.
- The Wording - Don't word your invitation as if you are scared to ask your customers. Keep the wording direct and assumptive. For example, "Would you like to receive all of our promotions through text or just the important ones?"
- Change of mentality - When asking your customers if they would like to opt-in, you NEED to assume that every customer is dying to receive your promotions. I mean, who wouldn't?!?!
- Building report - A very important step! Make sure that the interactions with your customers are VERY positive! This will help tremendously when it comes to opting customers in
- Invitation - This will be the scripted question your employee will ask your customers. You should have two versions of this invitation. One for when opting in via the computer or when customers check-in via the Kiosk.
- Possitive Reinforcement - This will be the scripted response if the customer asks what promotions or why they should opt-in. Only highlight the most appealing promotions and make it a no-brainer for the customer to opt-in
Make sure to give a thumbs up or down if this tutorial helped!