Text (SMS) Overview
There are many different occasions where you would configure a Text (SMS). They all follow the same basic principles, thus this overview will touch all the parts you need to know.
Here are some tips for typing the message:
- Make sure you have a clear offer or incentive with a sense of urgency in the message (Add a clear expiration date)
- You only get 160 characters, so use them wisely!
- Don't be afraid to abbr. (Proper grammar can be excused when you only have 160 characters).
- The name of your business must show up somewhere in the text.
- By default, it will show up at the beginning.
- If you type it somewhere else, then it will disappear from the beginning like magic!
- Use the blue Insert button to add from the following list:
- SmartText: Allows you to insert personalize information. This will include any data that we have collected (First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, etc)
- SmartLink: Allows you to replace a URL with a short, measurable CityGro link. You can use this for anything that would have a SmartLink (Forms, Waivers, etc)
- Offer: You can add an offer's SmartLink so you can keep track of the ROI on this blast
- Common SmartText: This provides a list of common SmartText that can personalize your message even more (It will connect the message with the customer so you can include their First Name, Last Name, etc.)
- If your account has more then one number, you can select which number the message came from by changing the following drop-down: (It's usually located above the contention section)
- When prompted, you may select a Template. These are great options if you need help coming up with what to say:
- If you don't want to use one, click Use Blank Template
Make sure to give a thumbs up or down if this tutorial helped!