Checking if a Contact is Opted In
This tutorial will show you how to check if a contact is opted in to receive SMS or Emails.
- Go to the Contacts module and search / select the contact by clicking the 'person' icon or edit icon.
- In the contact profile, you can see the chat bubble and envelope icons in the upper right hand corner which are representative of their opt in status.
If it is GREEN, they they have chosen to opt in for those type of messages.
The icons will appear RED if they are opted out.
- If you want to change the opt in status, you can either click on the icon in the upper right for it to change colors, or you can EDIT this field from within the profile info window.
To change the status choose from the dropdown menu options:
SMS On = NO, to Opt out
SMS On = YES, to Opt in
Email On = NO, to Opt out
Email On = YES, to Opt in
Be sure to save your updates.
- There will be a variety of indicators letting you know that the status has been changed.
The fields for SMS / Email On,
The icons in the upper right of the window,
The Activity Log will show the Updated Data event (including time)
- If your customer is not receiving your messages even though "SMS On" is "Yes" make sure you check to see if the field "SMS Bounce" is not "Yes". If "SMS Bounce" IS "Yes" that means we tried to send them a message but their cell phone carrier sent us a message back saying they couldn't deliver the message. Our system marks this as "Bounced" so you don't use your messages to continue to try to send to them messages. If you want to try to send a message to their number again you can change "SMS Bounce" to "Unselected" which means our system will try to send them a message the next time you send a message blast.
You did it, Congratulations!
Make sure to give a thumbs up or down if this tutorial helped!
Please sign in to leave a comment.