Getting ready to send your first campaign? This article is meant to overview the basic steps you need to take in order to get the most out of your full CityGro Campaigns.
1. SMS Preferences
The first thing you should do is visit the SMS Preferences section, found in the Account tab under Account Settings. This will allow you to update the following:
- Short Name- Your Business Name that is required in a message.
- Opt-In Notifications- Depending on how you received consent, you may need to select one of these options.
- Messaging Days- Automated Messages will only go out on days that you choose.
2. Import your Existing Contacts
If you have a spreadsheet of your existing contacts you can import them by following instructions here.
3. Grow Your List
Before sending out text messages. You will need contacts who have given proper consent and have opted in to receive marketing messages from you. CityGro has several tools that allow you to grow your list.
- SMS Keyword- This is the traditional method where your contacts can text a keyword to the phone number to opt in.
- Kiosk- Create a custom kiosk experience at your business and ask your contacts to opt-in from there.
- Web Form- This digital form allows you to get consent anywhere you embed the form.
- Integrations and API- Add opted-in contacts from other apps using Integrations or our API.
4. Setup Automated Campaigns
If your account has access to the Automations Tool then you can set up automated campaigns. Here are some common uses for automations.
- Appointment reminders
- Birthday offers
- Drip funnels
- Miss you messages
5. Send a Campaign
Now that you've gone through the checklist. It's now time to schedule your next campaign.