The Discount Code tab in our Patch Retention system is a powerful tool for servicing customers and troubleshooting issues. It provides detailed insights into Patch-generated discount codes, their values, types, statuses, and more. This guide will walk you through using the Discount Code tab to find information and troubleshoot effectively.
Accessing the Discount Coded Tab
To begin, log into your Patch Retention account. On your dashboard, navigate to the Contacts module. From there, locate the customer in question by using the search bar. Then click the 'person' icon to open the customer profile. Navigate to the Discount Code tab. By default, when opening the customer profile you will be on the Activity tab, scroll the menu bar until you see Discount Codes.
Understanding the Information Displayed
On the Discount Code tab, you'll see a list of all generated discount codes. There are two main sections, Available Discounts Codes, and Past Discount Codes.
For each code, you'll find the following information:
- Code Generated: The unique alphanumeric string associated with the discount
- Value: The monetary or percentage value of the discount
- Type: The form of the discount, such as free shipping, a fixed amount off, or a percentage off
- Expiration Status: Indicates whether the code has been used, deleted, or expired
- Usage Details - If the code has been used or deleted, this section will provide more details, such as when it was used or who deleted it
- Event Data: You can click the three dots to open the full JSON event details consisting of the following
- Earning Method: Shows how the discount code was earned, such as manually, through a loyalty program, or via an automated process
- Created/Update At date/time stamps
- Usage Limits & Usage Counts
- Applies to: ALL, Specific Collection, or Specific Products
Troubleshooting & Servicing Customers
Using the Discount Code tab to troubleshoot customer service issues mainly involves analyzing the data provided and knowing what to look for
If a customer claims they can't use a discount code, check the 'Expiration Status'. If the status shows 'used' or 'expired', the code can't be used again. If it's 'deleted', check 'Usage Details' to see who deleted it and why.
Incorrect Discount Value
If a customer complains about receiving an incorrect discount value, verify the 'Value' and 'Type' of the code they used. It's possible that they might have misinterpreted a fixed amount discount for a percentage one or vice versa. If needed you can delete the existing code and generate a new and correct one right from this tab without having to navigate to your Shopify store.
Code Not Received
For complaints about not receiving a discount code, determine how the code was issued, either manually, through an automation, or for redeeming Loyalty Cash. If it was earned through automation or a loyalty program, there might have been a technical issue or delay in sending the message with the code. You can easily copy the code and text it to your customer using the Activity tab - Send SMS feature.
Based on your findings, take the necessary action. This may involve generating a new discount code, deleting an existing one, or explaining the situation to the customer. Always document any changes made for future reference and to maintain transparency. This can be done by using the Activity tab, selecting a gateway, clicking the three dots, and using the 'Add Note' feature. This will log the note in the activity tab event log for future referencing.
The Discount Code tab is a powerful tool in the Patch Retention system for troubleshooting customer service issues related to discount codes generated within the Patch system. Understanding how to use it effectively can save time, improve customer satisfaction, and optimize your business processes. Happy troubleshooting!