The HTTP Request option is available under the Action Blocks within the Automation Canvas.
You will need to either create a new Automation and choose the ‘From Scratch’, or edit an existing Automation.
The ‘Trigger’ block being used will determine the payload information.
The 4 most commonly used ‘Trigger’ blocks are:
- Contact Created
- Contact Updated
- Order Finished
- Check-In Finished
** We recommend including a delay block, set to a small increment of time like 5 minutes, to ensure all of the data is fully updated prior to the HTTP block being triggered and sending the set of information.**
Once you have selected the Trigger block, click and drag the ‘HTTP Request’ block onto the Automation Canvas.
Be sure to connect the ‘Trigger’ block to the HTTP Request block.
There are 4 sections to this HTTP Request block:
- Request Method / Request URL
- Request Headers
- Request Parameters
- Response Parameters
These options are available to choose from within Patch, but be sure to check your third-party’s documentation on how each of these specific elements work within their system!
- Allows retrieval of a single contact / properties or even a list of contacts
- Allows to new contact creation
- Used to associate a contact with other CRM records or activity
- Used to update a contact
- Used to remove an association or delete contact(s)
Be sure to include the Request URL
These parameters will be sent as the headers in every request
- These parameters will be sent as a JSON object in the body of the request.
- It is important to keep in mind that depending on the ‘Trigger’ block that gets used will determine what payload data is available to be used for the ‘SmartText’.
There are 3 different ways to view the payload data.
- Navigate to the Automation module and edit the automation.
- Hover over the Trigger Block event to select the graph icon to view stats.
- Select the tab at the top of the window for ‘Task Log’
- Then choose ‘View Payload’
- A ‘Payload Data’ window will open that lists all the details and information
- Navigate to the Contacts module and select the contact profile.
- Find and select the event within the Activity Log.
- An ‘Event Details’ window will open showing the Payload Data
Each and every event’s Payload Data will be searchable in the Event Log.
- Use the Event Filter to narrow the search for the specific event in question
- Click on the ‘eye’ icon to view the Event Details window and the Payload Data.
This section provides a way to utilize data returned by the above URL. It is assumed that the URL will return a valid JSON object.
(All keys and values must be properly quoted and syntactically valid)
Select a payload key to write the data to (curently general.xxx and account.xxx paths are unsupported)
The size of the payload cannot exceed 1024 bytes.
Using the HTTP Request block can allow an API to be added and send / request info to your third party software!