The best way to ensure that your business is consistent in the percentage of customers opting in is to create and enforce a script or procedure for your employees to follow.
Simply put - invite each customer to sign up!
Our BEST tool for opting customers in is the KIOSK.
Having an iPad for your customers to check in on is the easiest and most powerful way to grow a database of opted-in contacts.
The following tips and tricks are what we have learned from working with thousands of clients asking how to improve their opt-in rates.
- Keep it simple - Keep the invitation very simple! A customer usually decides not to opt-in because you are over-explaining or they do not appreciate the value.
You only need to touch on one or two of the best reasons why a customer should opt-in.
- Would you like to check-in and get rewarded for today?
- Have you already joined our loyalty / rewards program?
- The Wording - Don't word your invitation as if you are scared to ask your customers. Keep the wording direct and assumptive. For example:
- "Are you interested in receiving text-only promotions?"
- "There is a free birthday offer in it for you for signing up"
- Change of mentality - When asking your customers if they would like to opt in, assume that every customer desires to receive your promotions. I mean, who wouldn't?!
- "It's free to join."
- "You get a free birthday offer on your birthday."
Build rapport, invite the customer, and emphasize their reward!